Readable LCD DISPLAY in sunlight
High-Bright LCD Displays
* To achieve the best viewing experience for your display in outdoor, high ambient light applications, high-brightness display solutions are a must.
* Where brightness enhancement, anti-reflective and anti-glare films passively improve a display visibility in these scenarios, active high brightness display enhancements result in best screen visibility.
* ChengHao can add high efficiency LED backlight rails to low luminance displays. This product line provides a simpler, less costly option of replacing lamps and power sources in an existing LCD panel.
* Display backlighting can also be replaced to fit a power budget, typically a concern in mobile battery power applications. ChengHao backlight system can often maintain a level of brightness at a much lower power level than the factory backlight system.
* You need a display that can be seen by everyone, everywhere. This is why ChengHao Display uses a combination of technologies such as well designed LED backlight rails, LED component selection, optical bonding, and film enhancements to reduce light reflections and maintain or increase contrast for higher efficiency.
* The results are a display that is viewable in all environments and will create versatility and reliability enabling you and your team to focus on what you do best, rather than the tools at hand
Visibility in the brightest or darkest environments.
* Reflective polarizers are the best option for direct sunlight displays but are not ideal for low light conditions. Since a reflective polarizer reflects back 100% of the light it takes in, the brighter the surrounding environment, the easier it will be to read the display.
* Because they are only reflecting light and not creating it, these polarizers are best suited for monochrome displays. Reflective polarizers will increase display contrast and have the minimum amount of power consumption and heat creation.
ADVANTAGES OF REFLECTIVE LCD POLARIZERS
The brighter the ambient light (the light that is available from the sun, office lights, etc.) the sharper the contrast and the easier it is to read.
DISADVANTAGES OF REFLECTIVE LCD POLARIZERS
* A backlight will not illuminate the display since any light placed behind the polarizer will be blocked from passing through to the front piece of glass.Note: It is possible to use a reflective polarizer with a side-lit LED Display, or edge-lit LED Display.
* A side-lit display positions the LEDs above the reflective polarizer. This is a popular option since it provides a sharp contrast with the added benefit of being thinner (in the Z-axis) than an LCD with a backlight.
With a transmissive polarizer, the display backlight must be on for the display to be readable. This type of polarizer does not reflect any light and so therefore, is not ideal for sunlight readability. However, the advantage of a transmissive polarizer over a transflective polarizer is that the backlight is significantly brighter.This type of polarizer is ideal for consistent low light conditions.
ADVANTAGES OF TRANSMISSIVE LCD POLARIZERS
The backlight behind a Transmissive polarizer will be brighter than the same backlight behind a Transflective polarizer, making the overall display brighter. It is also possible to reduce the LED driving current with the goal of extending the half-life of the backlight.
DISADVANTAGES OF TRANSMISSIVE LCD POLARIZERS
The display can not be read when the backlight is off. Also, indirect sunlight the image can seem a bit ‘washed’, but E3 can add AR films to transmissive displays to limit the reflections outdoors.